Monday 11 January 2010

There's a frst time for everythng

I find myself alone this week, everyone is away.  It is absolute bliss.  I'm sure after a couple of weeks I will be very lonely but for now, as it is such a rarity to be alone in one's house, I am relishing it.  Which leads me to my experience this evening.  I am going to the theatre alone.  I got an e mail offer and thought, why not?   I'm sure it will be fine, but as with all new things, a bit uncertain.  I hope it's good, I've only walked out a couple of times at the interval.  But it has to be really bad.

I volunteer every Monday at Dress for Success.  It is a charity that helps women back into work by providing interview clothing and other support.  I have been there for 3 years, I think and it continues to be a great way to spend my time.  I've met all different kinds of women, some have been wonderful, some impossible to make a connection and some so unhappy that you know they are still a long ways off from being able to have a steady job  We only had one client today as the weather is still causing trouble for those travelling in to see us.    She left feeling on top of the world and I hope that confidence will come through at her interview.  Fingers crossed she is successful and we will have the pleasure of outfitting her for her new job.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hiromi! Hope you enjoyed the theater (or theatre over there) -- miss you! Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachelle, it was a fun play and it turns out lots of people go to the theatre on their own.

    ReplyDelete