Sunday 3 January 2010

shopping

Spent the day shopping with my 17 year old son.  He is at an age where sometimes he is required to dress up.  So, he wanted some clothes he could wear to parties that wasn't his dress suit.  So, off we went to Spitalfields and the surrounding neighbourhood.  Oh yes, he wanted shoes to go with that as well.  We looked at all the stalls in Spitalfields that did men's clothes as well as individual shops, he tried on quite a few jackets and things but vintage is really hit or miss and today was more of a miss.  You have to be very patient and persevering and I'm not sure he has the stamina.  Towards the end, he just couldn't look in any more shops so we went to eat in Shoreditch, had a big meaty lunch and came home.  I cherish these days we spend together because I know they won't last forever and I do enjoy his company.

I have to make another trip to the Japan Centre to stock up on supplies.  I think I will go on Wednesday and prepare some basic things on Thursday.  I'm starting to understand when people say it's all about being organised.

Can't believe regular life resumes tomorrow, I've had a fun couple of weeks off.  Although in a household where no one goes to work, it seems like everyday should be the same.  But even within our random household, the holiday time has been a bit special.  Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment