Friday 8 January 2010

Another day of cold

Had my first training session at the gym of the new year.  Why is it that working with someone else is so much more effective than working out by yourself?  I guess that's why I pay for a trainer, I have the sore muscles today to prove it.  The funny thing is, I couldn't really tell you what we did yesterday that was so strenuous that I should be sore today.  I've also become very conscious of portion control in the last couple of days.  When I was on a good eating/losing weight phase, I was eating every three hours.  My portions had crept back up to where I was eating a large enough bowl of cereal for breakfast, that it was holding me until lunch time.  So, cut back on the portions and the weight is starting to go down, thank goodness.  I have to make it to the gym more frequently than I have been over the holidays, hard when it is so frigid out.


I had tea at a friend's house in the afternoon to meet her mother who is visiting from the States.  I had a really fun time and the hours flew by.  I guess we've matured to the point that friends' parents are just people now, maybe at this rate, I will get over my fear of teachers and headmasters sometime in the next decade.  I left the house in the afternoon walking over a solid sheet of ice on my street and came home in the early evening to find the street had been gritted.  What a difference that makes.  I wouldn't mind the weather so much if the sidewalks were kept clear.  I live in mortal fear of slipping and breaking something.  Consequently I wear my ridiculous ski boots around in this weather.  There are solid patches of ice on the boat basin now, a lot of birds hanging out on it.  I guess their feet don't get cold.  


Waiting for my shipment from rice wine shop to arrive so I can start experimenting with sauces.  A very different experience from net a porter when my shoes arrived the next day at no extra cost.  Of course they didn't fit, they went back the same day and they are going to send me a different size all for the same original shipping cost.  I was unhappy about having to pay shipping, but I am certainly getting my money's worth.  



No comments:

Post a Comment