Wednesday 20 January 2010

lunch

Had a couple of friends over for lunch today.  On the menu, grilled filet steak, string beans in sesame sauce, freeze dried tofu, miso soup and mushroom rice.  I was very satisfied with the result, I think my friends liked it too.  I usually take lots of short cuts and use premade things when I cook for family but today I made everything from scratch and actually it doesn't take that much longer and it tastes so much better.  It is all about organisation and planning things out.  I meant to take a photo of the table laid out but I forgot.  I even had the camera out on the table, can't believe it.  I will try again the next time I entertain.

Tonight is the first nutrition class after a long holiday break, I hope we aren't expected to remember anything, because I'm pretty sure I've forgotten the little I knew before the break.  I think my challenge for tonight will be staying awake for the whole class.

I went to class and it went pretty quickly.  There were some new people in the class and they are friendly so it made the breaking into groups easier.  Not that the other people in the class are unfriendly, but I get the impression they take this all very seriously.  Talked about fad diets and ways of eating as a philosophy.  Somehow I thought we were nearly done with the course but it turns out we are only half way there.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment