Saturday 2 January 2010

The new year is starting off with a sore throat.  Took a very long and cold walk yesterday to St. Paul's.  I had never been in there before, so I didn't realize it would cost £11 to get in.  £22 for the two of us, so we just peered around from the pillars by the ticket desk.  The streets getting there were absolutely empty especially once we got closer to the city.  But the cathedral and the area immediately around it was heaving with tourists.  It wasn't quite the same as going to a shrine, it was too soaring and grand, but it was nice to be in a spiritual space to commemorate the new year.  Afterwards, we walked over to Kingsland Road and had a Vietnamese lunch, our first since moving out of the neighbourhood.  

My food intake has steadily increased and I can tell I need to pay close attention to what I eat again.  I don't think I am going to the gym today, I just don't feel well enough but I think I will try and cut out the sugar again.  I no longer eat white sugar but have developed quite the dried fruit habit and bouja bouja ice dessert thing made on cashews and agave syrup.  Basically, sugar is sugar in whatever form it takes and I am addicted to it.  
I am seeing my trainer again on Wednesday and boot camp resumes next Saturday so hopefully I will feel better by then and can kick start my year.  

On the menu today, a new batch of hummous, something involving daikon or maybe another pot of curry.  Forgot to buy so many things at Japan Centre on Thursday, will have to go back soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment