Friday 30 April 2010

This week

It's been a busy and productive week.  I taught another class on Tuesday night.  There were two people in the class, my friend and her husband.  It was just as much fun as my first class and it's really gratifying when you make a connection and they get what you are trying to do.  A terrific compliment came in the form of my friend's husband signing up for some more classes as he had really enjoyed it.  Thank you and I hope I can continue to deliver.  I have new dates up for the next round (hint, hint) if anyone is interested.  I am planning to add one off classes to what's already up.  I also added a sign up feature so I can stop sending out mass e mails to all my friends soon I hope.

I went to Southfields yesterday to order a cake.  It may seem like a long way to travel since I don't live anywhere near there.  But my son is graduating this year and I thought it would be fun to have a cake at Speech Day lunch which is the last time the boys will all be together until the last day of school.  This was the shop that made the cake at my daughter's graduation and that's where I got the idea.  I was very impressed with the shop and the owner, who left banking to do what she loves.  I'm really excited with the cake we came up with, I'll try and remember to take a photo to put up here before we eat it.

I ended my day by hearing Lynne Franks speak.  She is one of the pioneers of PR in this country and has balanced out her business life with a spiritual one.  She was very inspirational and it is funny how everything she was talking about resonated with me.  Of course I bought the book, something I never do, and even had her sign it.  What's even more astounding, I've started reading it.

Well, back to the translating.  One more episode to do for this week, then to finalise the class for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment