Monday 12 April 2010

Portable food

I volunteer at Dress for Success once a week.  Since I stopped eating wheat, getting a sandwich from the sandwich lady became out of the question.  So I've started taking my lunch.  Sometimes it's leftovers, sometimes I run into Pret for a salad, but I bought myself a bento box when I was home and was eager to try it out.  So, I made lunch today to bring, and here it is;


On the menu today, pork slices in ginger sauce, Japanese omelette, sauteed asparagus and rice.  Now I don't think I will go to this much trouble every week, but if I plan it right, I will have leftovers from the night before as my main dish with some veggies and things around it.  Ideally, I would have had a bit of red in there, but I was out of tomatoes.

Have to go get ready, so that's all for now.








4 comments:

  1. We still have a few kids bento boxes and chopsticks left from our time in Japan. As to missing red - would orange work - if so what about carrots cut into ume or sakura shapes with the little cutters from the 100Y store and where is the plastic grass?
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pork was absolutely delicious! So much flavour and the meat had a great tetxture. well done! :)
    H+K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I failed to buy plastic grass when I was home and I have to wash it all when I get home. Point taken about the orange but I don't like carrots so never think to put them in. I should have some pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your comments, glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete