Thursday 15 April 2010

Lunch with a friend

Hello, I had a friend over for lunch today and made some more food.  We had grilled mackerel, steeped green soy beans, string beans and aubergine dry stew, rice and miso soup.  Here's the photo.


I really enjoy entertaining friends at home, it is so much more mellow.  You get to catch up in a quiet environment and while it is nice to have someone serve and clear, it really isn't that big a deal.

The other day, I taught my son how to make onigiri.  It was a fun thing for the two of us to do.  He did very well, producing 3 different shapes.  We had a lot of fun eating them afterwards and chatting about things.  He wants to learn to cook, something I promised I would teach him during his gap year.  Being able to feed oneself is an important skill I think.  I am looking to put together a class for young people on quick Japanese food you can make at uni, a friend's daughter in interested.

I got my business cards today for my cooking class, hooray.  They came out pretty well, can't wait to give them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment