Tuesday 23 February 2010

lunch for a friend

Just had a lovely lunch with a friend I don't see very often.  It was a pleasure to cook for her and share a bit of time.  There's always loads to catch up on when you don't see each other very much and I feel like we could have stayed gabbing for a lot longer.  I actually took a photo of the lunch, it is attached below. Could have used a bit more time in the plating and arranging, but we were hungry.  Menu for lunch;  teriyaki chicken, spinach and mushrooms with a flavoured sesame dressing, miso soup and rice with added grains and seeds.


I've had my ipod on shuffle all day, it is nice to have music you don't have to think about.  Since it's my music, I know I like it all and I enjoy the juxtaposition of Frank Sinatra followed by Foo Fighters followed by the Mikado.  I didn't leave the house today, a nice thing to do from time to time especially in weather like this.

Caught up with another old friend, this time by phone.  A brief chat to reconnect for a bit then back to our busy lives.

2 comments:

  1. Love these Hiromi! I also love Japanese food served while listening to Frank Sinatra and I would add Busta Rhymes, because I am another version of eclectic--like you. Thanks for the Tempura dipping sauce recipe---we enjoyed our Lunar New Year more because of your advice!

    --Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Sasha, don't have any Busta Rhymes, will have to find some online. Glad to have helped your new year's celebration. Stay tuned for more recipes.

    ReplyDelete