Thursday 11 February 2010

Dress for Success and cooking class

I volunteer at Dress for Success www.dressforsuccess.org/london and this is our 10 year anniversary since opening in London.  To commemorate the occasion the Darlings hosted a reception for us at 11 Downing Street.  It was lots of fun catching up with volunteers from other days.  I go in once a week to help dress women for job interviews and so never see the volunteers from the other days.  We all love what we do so there is a real camaraderie when we get together.  It was fun to go behind the big gates and go past number 10 (we had a reception there in 2008) and into 11.  I must admit I was very bad at meeting the VIPs who were there but did manage to meet Joi Gordon who started the charity in New York.  I think we overstayed our welcome a bit since it was meant to be over at 8 but the last of us shuffled out closer to 9.

On an entirely different note, I worked out a schedule for my cooking classes yesterday.  It will be a block of 5 weeks beginning 27 April.  I will teach Tuesday and Thursday nights and it will be the same class so you have a choice of nights.  I also figured in the beginning I will keep it simple.  Also, one Saturday during the course, I would arrange an outing to Japan Centre so you will be able to navigate on your own for Japanese ingredients.  Now I just need to figure out a way to post it somewhere so I can start spreading the word.  Oh, and of course I need to price it.  That may be the activity this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment