Wednesday 5 May 2010

Photo

I have a new profile photo.  Now, I think I photograph really badly.  But my friend who took my photo today said something really interesting.  She said no woman including models she knows has ever said they like their photo.  I know what I look like when I look in the mirror.  But I usually look to check out an outfit or to look at some part of my face close up.  So what is it about a photo that makes you look different from the mirror?    My thought is that maybe that's what I look like to the rest of  the world..

So after my friend took my photo and sent it to me, I looked at it as I usually do and thought, "oh why didn't I notice the sweater was crooked, my hair's messy, do I really smile like that", the usual stuff that leads me to conclude that that is in fact a bad likeness of me.  But today, I took a step back and tried to look at it objectively.  Then I could appreciate that it was a good photo and probably not a bad likeness.  So while it doesn't coincide with the mental image I have of myself, I can accept that perhaps this is the way I look in real life.
Here it is

2 comments:

  1. You look cute! Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. the inner critic is constantly working overtime in all of us! :)

    lovely smile hiromi!Cindi

    ReplyDelete