Wednesday 30 December 2009

end of year relfections

It's almost the new year, and although I am not a big one on resolutions, I thought I might look back on this year, as it's been very eventful.

We started the year in limbo, in a rental flat, looking for the next place to call home.  Finding said new home was a long and fairly painful process.  We were lucky enough to sell our place before the market went south but discovered that as house prices dropped, properties were pulled off the market everyday.  Basically people who didn't have to sell, didn't.  So, as usual, our budget didn't quite stretch to what we wanted, but it was tantalisingly close.  Husband Dan went and looked at anything anyone called him about and spent a lot of time online looking for properties.  We looked at a couple that we thought were doable, but nothing struck our hearts.  I am a firm believer in not buying until you have that sense of being at home when you walk in to a property.  I guess that's not technically true since I really disliked the layout of the last flat but for some reason had a compulsion to be in the building, but anyway, when I have that feeling, it's always worked out later when we sell.  Dan got really frustrated with me because I wouldn't commit to any of the properties we had found and wanted me to compromise.  I refused and said I would wait for that feeling.  2 weeks later, we both stood in a property that was basically a blank canvas and we both had that feeling.  So glad we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment